So I just love getting new recipes! From friends, family, or pinterest! There will be a new segment coming to the blog next week. Ariel from Auteur Ariel and I are going to be hosting a "Recipe Swap Hop" on what now is going to be Tasty Tuesdays! Share a recipe on your blog, link up, and spread the love with the button!
Get your recipes ready for next week! If you are interested in co-hosting just send Ariel or I an e-mail letting us know!
Now for my recipe this week! Lemon Glazed Cupcakes! Yum!
These cupcakes are a last Summer recipe! Not that these can't be made year round, but in honor of Summer, why not end with a delicious Summer taste. Lemon! It's really the glaze I'm focusing on. For the cupcake, I just used a yellow cake box and added a tbsn of lemon extract to give it a slight lemon taste.
- 4 1/2 cups confectioners sugar
- 1/2 cup of butter softened
- 1/4 cup of milk
- 1 tspn vanilla
- 1 tbsn lemon zest
- 2 tbsn lemon juice
- 2 tbsn lemon extract
1. Mix butter and 3 1/2 cups of sugar. Mix until soft.
2. Slowly add in milk, vanilla, and lemon juice.
3. Add in the cup of sugar that is left slowly. Trying to get the right consistency can be hard. I wanted a glaze, but a fluffy glaze. So add more sugar if needed and balance the sweetness by adding more lemon extract.
4. Add lemon extract and lemon zest.
5. (optional) I added a few drops of yellow coloring to get a yellowish tint to the glaze.
6. I kept my mixer on for about 4 mins, just to get that consistency that I wanted.
**I also added a light dash of sprinkles on top.